Like the others, Gun Hill therefore commands a panoramic view of the landscape below. Built in 1818, it has been restored by the Barbados National Trust and houses a collection of military memorabilia. Internal security was the overarching purpose of the stations. They not only provided a way of communicating in emergencies, but were also used as rallying points in the event of civil disorder. Climb the tower; have a picnic in the pavilion; take photos. Downhill, visit the white lion carved from stone. Enjoy a refreshing drink and meal at the Fusilier Bar and Cafe.