ALL travellers must travel with an accepted valid negative COVID-19 PCR Test OR Rapid Antigen Test result.
Travellers are permitted to travel to Barbados with a valid negative Rapid Antigen test OR Rapid COVID-19 PCR test result done within 1 day prior to arrival in Barbados OR a negative RT-PCR COVID-19 test result done within 3 days prior to arrival.
Travelers who are unable to complete the online travel ED form can complete their travel to Barbados and use the Immigration kiosks on arrival in Barbados.
Accepted tests include tests which were taken at an accredited or recognized laboratory by a healthcare provider via any of the below:
- Nasopharyngeal sample
- Oropharyngeal sample
- Nasal sample
- Anterior nares sample
- Mid-turbinate sample
LAMP tests, self-administered tests or home kits and tests using saliva samples will NOT be accepted.
With specific reference to the type of test required and accepted for entry into Barbados:
- The specimen must be taken at an accredited or recognized laboratory by a healthcare provider via any of the below: nasopharyngeal sample, oropharyngeal sample, nasal sample, anterior nares sample or mid-turbinate sample.
- The sample must be taken within 1 day prior to arrival for Rapid Antigen Test OR Rapid COVID-19 PCR Test or 3 days prior to arrival for RT PCR test.
- The laboratory performing the test must be an accredited, certified or recognized facility
Please note that the following will NOT be accepted:
- Shallow nasal swab samples
- Saliva samples
- Self-administered tests (even if the sample was taken under the supervision of a healthcare provider)
- Home kits
The COVID-19 Protocols are sanctioned by the Ministry of Health and Wellness (MHW)